Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Art of Pumpkin Carving!


Last week after our busy fall festive weekend, we decided to carve our pumpkins...DUH! What else would you do this those babies!! My lovahh and our pumpkin pickin' friends Lorenzo and Jenna came by and we decided to carve together. Let me tell you these boys are quite competitive. We ordered a delicious pizza, poured some wine and blasted the Pandora Hallowen station.

BTW has anyone else listed to that station before?? It is quite hysterical! But it was the perfect little backgroud groove we needed to get us in the spirit..not that we needed anymore spirit.

I wasn't planning on being consistant, but in the years to follow, I feel like I may have set myself up for something. I decided to stick with the Nightmare Before Christmas Theme (as I carved Jack Skelington last year-see here) and carved Oogie Boogie this year.

 
 
I don't want to brag our anything (I DO) but I carved this bad boy free hand as those silly carving books are not as creative as MU-AH! It came out MUCH better than I thought it would and I have to say I am very impressed. Here are the rest of the pumps together glowing in the night!
We decided we were going to save the seeds, dry them out and eat 'em up!!!  I love pumpkin seeds when I buy my fruit/nut mix at the store so I figured why not! Hopefully they taste deelishhh!

And of course it wouldn't be a night complete without this pretty girl sniffin' around! She loves fall just as much as us!

(Blurry cause she kept trying to eat the pumpkin guts!)
 
And here are some extra pics of the fun! :)



 
 All ended well!

No comments:

Post a Comment