Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Halloween Weeeek!!

First things first…HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEK!!
After all the fun fall things we have done this year it’s insane to think that Halloween is here already!
On Halloween will be heading into the city for the Halloween Parade,
lots of drinks and hours of watching crazy people seep out of the woodwork
for their one night of actually being normal!
I’m not kidding,
NYC is a craaazy place and there are way too many crazies living here.
SO if you are going out in the city or anyplace this Halloween be careful! J

 
Now a little weekend recap on this breezy Monday in October.
On Friday we got ready for our big zombie race Run For Your Lives!
We had a nice dinner with my dad and after we just relaxed and
decided to scan some old pictures onto the new computer.
First of all I was super shocked my good ol’ printer/scanner/copy machine circa 2006
 actually works AND it did a pretty decent job of scanning old pictures.
When I say old I mean baby pictures of the boy,
sitting on the toilet with a loaded Nerf gun.
(Obviously in case someone busted in the b-room uninvited!
DUH! He was indeed a cutie.

 
We also went through old middle school and high school pictures!
I just laugh at the outfits and hair styles that we thought were 
 soooo cool and we looked so good back then.

Granted some of these pictures were 10-13 years ago so you can imagine.
It’s going to be pretty interesting when I look back on this blog in
10 years and cry laugh at how ridiculous we looked.
But I’ll embrace it and laugh just as I did on Friday.
(No seriously, I’ll prob cry!)
 

Saturday we were up with the birds and headed into Brooklyn at 7am for our run!
It was FREEZING and I was about as happy as a kid dropping his ice cream cone!
UGH! But I put a smile on my face and we headed on out.
Brooklyn is a little awkward to get to from where I live
because there really is no easy way, so it took us a little less than an hour
but we always have our best times in the car together.
Once we got there is was even more windy than at home – imagine my excitement now.
Once we were all registered, bibs pinned and zombies in view I actually started getting excited.
They had an entire tent setup for the zombies to get professional makeup done
and fake blood splash all over them.
Not gunna lie, next year I may have to be a zombie just for the makeup sesh.

 

We were nervous taking a camera on the run with us,
because we didn’t know what the obstacles were going to be like
and we didn’t want to risk the camera’s breaking or getting wet,
so we waiting until after the run to capture the excitement.
But before that I’ll give you a quick rundown of the race.
This was only my 2nd real race and I’m not going to lie it was pray-tay fun.
I won’t give away all the secrets but in summary you have to wear a belt with
3 flags lives that the zombies have to grab to infect you!
IT WAS HARD!
There are so many zombies at one time in a huge cluster,
like 50, and these are not the slow,
wheezing clumsy zombies you see on Walking Dead.
I KNOW I thought that’s how they were going to be too…lies!


Okay enough of my rant!
Yes the zombies were quick and there were a lot of them and unlike a normal 5k
we were sprinting A LOT
so it was exhausting and breaks were definitely necessary.
End of story I would have died on the 3rd cluster if it wasn’t for Luke letting me hide behind him! J Blessing that boy is!
And one last thing, I only saw 2 people that survived the race!
TWO!
The odds were definitely against us, but it was still a lot of fun!
After the race they were nice enough to offer a free beer,
which we took FULL advantage of, and then some.
Here are some quick pics we snapped.

 

Ahh beer! So proud to be infect!

 
 
Showing those zombies who's really boss. Not.

 
 




 
After the race we were starving from all our hard work,
drinking beer so we decided to head into the city
for one of our favorite spots, Shake Shack.
If you ever get the chance to come to NY
you have to get there for lunch!
Imagine a Crabby Patty from Spongebob
(yes I went there).
Their burgers are just the cutest and so perfect!
So into the city we went.
OF COURSE the boy is on his phone and see’s that our
 new favorite artist just put something in Brooklyn, how convenient!
So we put it in the GPS and headed on over.
It was actually on the way to the city so it wasn’t a big detour.

 
Truth be told!
 
 

Just as we were leaving the race,
my brother had called from work and invited us
up to see the town’s Halloween Parade.
He works in Tarrytown/Sleepy Hallow, NY
and we have been trying to get up to visit him for lunch one day,
 and this was the perfect opportunity.

First of all the town was SO cute!
They have two main streets will cute little stores and restaurants,
I could definitely move up there!
The parade was cute too! Since it is Sleepy Hallow,
of course they had to have the headless horseman!
Highlight of the parade!
After that we just grabbed some dinner with him and ended up
hanging out there for 5 hours! Haha!

What a great sister I am!
After that you can only imagine how exhausted we were!
Straight to the shower and into bed I went,
and I couldn’t have been any happier!


 
 Handling the business. So cute he is.


Handling my business...obvi.

Gorgeous Tarrytown, NY.


The king of the town.

 
 
 
Sunday was spent at my weekly football game
AND
the Giants won their second pathetic game of the season.
2-7…still hopeful?
Hope you guys had a good weekend. It is finally feeling like chilly fall is here!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment