Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Taste of Tuesday - Link Up!

 

Happy Tuesday!
For anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE to cook. After a long day of working in the city and having to be up early to catch the train it is sometimes hard to find the time and the motivation to prepare a healthy meal. I've decided to link-up with Ashley and Jessica and share this recipe with their Taste of Tuesday Link Up!

Like I said, I'm always looking for a quick healthy meal, so for lunch I prepared what I like to call Avocado Dip. It's not really guacamole and you will see why.

What you need:
1.       Avocado
2.       Lime
3.       Red onion
4.       Siracha
5.       Olive Oil
6.       Black Pepper
7.       Vinegar



What you do:
1.       Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Slice the avocado horizontally and then vertically in the skin. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl or container.
2.       Cut lime and squeeze juice onto avocado. (This taste good and helps keep it green!)
3.       Cut and slice onion and add to bowl.
4.       Add Siracha, a little olive oil, black pepper and vinegar to taste.
5.       Mix together and eat with chips, crackers or fresh veggies!

 
 
 I was taking this to work for lunch so I prepared it right in a tuberware container.
 
 

Refrigerate and Enjoy!!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love anything that has to do with avocados (can you believe I hated them when I was younger?! what was I thinking?!). I love that this is not quac, but includes lots of my favorite ingredients. So glad you linked up with Jess and me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome. And healthy!! Great recipe!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete