Friday, October 4, 2013

Bittersweet


For some reason it feels a little strange sharing very personal details of my life here but I guess it is something I am going to have to get comfortable with as I continue this journey of blogging about my life experiences. As I said in my first post I can’t promise what this will be about or how each post will turn out but I am trying my best! So to recap some of my week I will start with Tuesday. Tuesday was a bittersweet day, and it probably will be for a long time.




On that note, I am going to start with the “bitter” part and end with the “oh so sweet” since that just seems like the best way to do it. On Tuesday, October 2, marks 1 year we have been without my grandpa. God had blessed this gem of a man with 96 wonderful years of life! 96!! He was such an important person to our family. He was a strong minded, strong hearted, loving, caring, yet firm and had old-fashioned ways of doing things. In our Italian family Grandpa sat at the head of the table. He cooked one hell of a pasta gravy (yes we call tomato sauce gravy) but basically everything he cooked was to die for. One thing I am grateful for is spending as much time as I could with him in the kitchen. I have so many memories with this guy I will take with me forever. Although I was very sad to see him leave us, especially since he was here for oh so long, I know it was the best thing for him. He was in so much pain and we knew he had enough of this place. He was ready to move on to be with my grandmother again and start a new journey for himself. I hope he is having the best time and watching over us every single day.

Such a cutie <3



Okay enough of the sad sappy stuff!! October 2nd is one of my college roomies, birthday! This pretty lady turned 22 25!! Although we wish we were just turning 22 we discussed how we officially feel like we are “adults”.


Yummy fried ice cream!




A few of my girlfriends decided to celebrate at our frequently visited sushi spot in Union Square NYC. The little lady in there was the cutest ever! When we all showed up she whispered to me that she had a secret spot for us. It was pretty hysterical because if you have ever been to tiny restaurants in NYC, you really never know where you will end up or what you will walk into. So it was pretty funny when our of no where we walked into this little cubby hole that had a semi-private table for us to spend the night.



We haven’t had another opportunity to see each other in a while so we spent most of the time gossiping and catching up with each other’s busy lives. Another thing about getting used to this whole blogging thing is remembering to take pictures of everything! Well this was a long one but it was definitely necessary!


Thanks for listening to my rant! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment