Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Last Moments in 2013

Well...welcome back Courtney to the blogging world! Woof! It has been quite some time since I've spilt my thoughts here at BSRB but it was a much need hiatus. As some may know, I started a new job this past summer and I was only eligible to accrue a certain number of vacation days and I had already had a planned vacation is August so there went my actual accrued days. Pretty lame that I had to work the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's but hey, that's life right? Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do! (Definitely a new 2014 mantra) So since I was working during the last few weeks, I was 'told' that it was going to be the slowest two weeks and I would have nothing to do but relax and work on a few things while the entire office was out. Well, not this girl. It was probably one of the busiest times at work thus far. Since everyone was going to be out, I was lucky enough to pick up some extra assignments to keep me busy. I'm complaining, of course I wanted to relax my brain and rest up for the New Year, but I did keep me busy and made my days fly by. Not too bad I guess. Plus I truly enjoy my job and I like working on new things and learning new ways to accomplish things I have already worked on.
 
So, work was busy, family time was busy, but all was well at the finish line of 2013!
 
The weekend before Christmas was my dad's birthday as I mentioned here but it ended up being just me and the boy. Every year we head into the city to see all the touristy holiday things and it will continue to be a tradition for years to come! For the last 3 years we have booked a hotel a we spend the night so we can run around all night long and wake up and do it all over again in the morning. This year we stayed at the New York East Side Marriot and it was the perfect place. The decor outside and the lobby were soo festive and definitely set the mood for all the holiday things we were going to be doing.
 
 
 Rockefeller Center!


 Ice skating in Rockefeller Center

 Rockefeller Center Train
 
 The Peninsula Hotel

Radio City
 
6th Avenue Christmas Displays




5th Avenue Store Displays



 
The Helmsley Building
 

That Famous Tree!
 


 
Saturday in Bryant Park 




The most amazing shop ever in Bryant Park - Don Churro!
 



Amiright?!! Nutella covered Churros! Heaven has decided to share a little with us here on earth!
 
 
The New York Palace
 
 
Ice skating in Central Park


 
 
December FLEW by and I can’t believe Christmas is over!!
However, it’s good to be back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment