Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Taste of Tuesday: Veggie Patty Dinner


Along with the rest of the world, I have really been trying to get my but into shape...literally and figuratively. So instead of rushing home from work starving and eating whatever is in sight I have been planning my days much better with breakfast, lunch and snacks and getting to the gym right after work. Sometimes I get home and all I'm hungry for is a big shake before I head to bed. Just not hungry after the gym sometimes, especially when I get home all I have time for is a quick shower, prep for the next day and bed. BUT there are some days that I am starving when I walk through that door. Here I have something that is filling, healthy, quick, easy and is the perfect post-workout meal!
 

What you need:
1 cup of fresh string beans (if you use frozen or canned be sure to rinse in a strainer)
1 MorningStar Garden Veggies Patties
1/2 cup brown rice
1 tsp coconut oil
Hot Sauce


What you do:
Since I try to prep a lot of my weekly foods on Sunday most of this is already pre-cooked and just needs some heating up. In a small skillet add a little coconut oil to avoid sticking and heat up veggie patty. I usually cook it straight from the freeze so it takes a little longer. You can always microwave them, which I sometimes do as well. While that is cooking, place steams beans and brown rice on a plate and heat in the microwave for about 1:30 or until desired temperate. Add a little hot sauce to the rice for some flavor. Once veggie patty is done slice on a plate and enjoy!




 
Linking up with Ashley and Jessica


2 comments:

  1. I actually have veggies patties in my freezer. Now I know what I am having for dinner! Love the hot sauce in the rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot sauce is always a great addition to any side!

    ReplyDelete