Thursday, January 9, 2014

That Awkward Moment...


So, last weekend was pretty uneventful. Between the snow storm we had on Friday, working out every day and getting back into the swing of things, it was more of a weekend to relax and catch up on loose ends that we left hanging from the holiday craze.

However, after being cooped up in the house all day on Friday, we decided to see a movie on Friday night. We attempted to see Wolf of Wall Street which I heard was absolutely amazing, but of course it was sold out. Can't blame the people for wanted to see some Leo! So we ended up seeing The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Since seeing the previews to this movie it was one of those films that I say to myself, wait till this one comes out on Netflix or Demand, but since I wasn't at the movies by myself, I compromised. :)

Now for my awkward moment! If you follow me on Instagram (cdelv2)  you may have seen this picture I posted...
 



A few weeks ago we went to a remodeled movie theatre in our area. We heard that they recently were bought out by a new company and the inside now has recliner chairs! YES each person gets to sit in their own recliner-leather with an electrical button that leans you back and kicks your feet up. BEST.IDEA.EVER. If I'm being honest here, I don't know why it took them this long to come up with this fabulous idea. Anyway, on Friday we decided to go there again, well we basically made the decision there would never be a good enough reason to go anywhere else to watch a movie..amiright?!!

So we get to the theatre, pick our seats and wait for the movie to start. Like I said, I was not that interested in seeing this one but once it started and things started to pick up, I was really interested in what was going on and seeing how it all panned out. Well after a week of working out every day and working all week, aannndd laying around working Friday I guess you could say I was a little tired...and a little too comfortable because I fell asleep! Yup! All cuddled up in my recliner chair, dark theatre I passed out. The three other people I was with never even noticed and thought to wake me up. But once the movie ended and the music got really loud (it's a movie, the music is always loud) it woke me up and I yelled..."Wait it's over?!!"

I had no idea that I had missed about 45 minutes... 45... of the end of the movie! Ooppss! And not only was I surprised that I fell asleep I yelled at the end of the movie for the whole theatre to hear that I missed the ending. Ya know sometimes you wake up quickly and you need to grab a hold of your surroundings, adjust to the light and noise around you. Welp not this girl! I just panicked and yelled it out that I was upset the movie was over!

A little awkward...and embarrassing. Glad everyone else thought it was hilarious!
I seriously cannot hang on a Friday anymore! Old much?!

 

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! Sorry you missed the end but clearly you needed the rest more!!

    ReplyDelete