Friday, February 7, 2014

The Whitney Museum

On January 18, the boy and I decided, we didn’t already have enough plans for the month, we wanted to hit up a new museum that we haven’t seen yet. We try to get into the city to see a museum every month or so and since the holidays came around we hadn’t had the chance to visit one since the summer. So off we went into the city Saturday afternoon to see The Whitney Museum of AmericanArt.
 
By looks of us we truly don’t look like museum people…especially the boy. On the contrary, he is more into the art than I am, and I have to say it is one of the most amazing qualities he has. He is so artistic and creative and he comes up with ideas so easily and they always amaze me, maybe I’m naïve? Ha! Just kidding! Just kidding! He is so smart and he interprets things so creatively he makes me appreciate things in such a different way than I would without him.
 
This museum was one of my favorite museums. It’s not that big and they are actually building a new museum to relocate downtown. But the art inside, I just understood. In the cheesiest sense, it spoke to me. I walked around, admired and the pieces were just great. I can’t wait to go back when they relocate and see the special exhibits they will heave then.
 
It’s moments like these – moments when we decided to run somewhere on a whim, when we do something spontaneous and just make it work. We have our best memories from just picking up and experiencing life and exploring new places. These moments, these little things are what mean the most to me. And I will forever cherish them.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment