Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Celebrations!

Well that was a sweet sweet hiatus! Summer was the most fun and probably the fastest thus far. But I plan...plan not promise... on being here a little more often. 8am's and 8pm's use to be my 'me' time to blog and read blogs but between my hectic, crazy, insane work schedule that just hasn't been possible.  Complaining - I am not although it seems that way a bunch lately. I swear I'm not but for some strange reason I feel a tiny need to justify my absence. Or maybe something to look back on when I have a brood of mini's, my job and  pack of wild animals, I can laugh at my former self and say you have no idea what crazy is my friend! 
Back to present day - last week was my birthday! WooHooo!! As I mentioned, for the first time ever I had a whole bunch of nothing planned for my big day. When I say this is the first time I ever, I do not lie friends. I am a H.U.G.E. HUGE advocate of celebrating birthdays and I never fail to have something epic planned for mine. Tons of friends, family new and old are always invited to the event and it is always a great time. But this year - nada. Until, we started the weekend off with a birthday dinner with our bestest friends. 
 
We tried a new place call Park West Tavern which was the cutest little place ever with the best food and of course the best drinks! We had such an amazing time together as always but it was so special to start my birthday off with these amazing friends. To top it off, in the middle of conversation our friends Chris realized he had a comp room in Atlantic City and asked if we wanted to go to continue our celebrations. Do you even have to ask?! No plans turned into the best plans ever!! I have been dying to get down to Atlantic City, especially since a few of the hotels were shutting down and it happened perfectly. Sunday morning of Labor Day Weekend we packed up and headed down. 

 
Us girls enjoyed a fabulous massage during the day, courtesy of our boys, mostly because they wanted us away for them to gamble but I was not going to argue with that. Well played boys...well played. After our spa trip we found the boys napping so what else were we supposed to do - drank! Several, more than we should have, jello shots later and some fun flavored drinks with no dinner we were felling the vibe. We headed up to the room to get all dolled up snapped a few pictures and headed out to Revel for their last night evaaaaa. 

And that's all I can share with you ;) 

Once we came home we had a fabulous dinner with my family and you can never forget the birthday cake. EVERYONE MUST have birthday cake on their birthday. 




 

3 comments:

  1. I personally don't think any of us needs to justify and absence unless posts are counted on for other people or something like that. Then again, I feel a bit guilty when I've been gone for a while, too. But hey, we have lives to live that don't always involve sitting on the computer drinking coffee and eating chocolate! Which is often followed by beer...not a great way to somehow maintain a healthy shape...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time posting regularly this summer too! Life just gets in the way! :) Anyway...looks like you had a fabulously F.U.N. birthday weekend! You look so pretty in the pics! (And I adore the photo of you blowing out your candles!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! It looks like it was fabulous!! I have recently felt the need for apologies on my blog as well, but honestly, it happens and sometimes it's all for the best to take a little hiatus, anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete