Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Birthday Week!

So here we are another year in the books and my birthday is approaching quickly. I cannot belive that my birthday is in one week from today! First off this summer flew, but when I really thought about it, the last few years have seriously flown by. I was discussing birthday with a friend at work yesterday and I couldn't believe that I am turning 26 in a few short days. Okay, okay I know I shouldn't be complaining like it's ... four years from now but still. I think seeing these years fly by is more upsetting than I will feel when I turn 30. I think at that point I will be at a place in my life and be able to embrace it! But right now, this is just not okay. I could remember patiently waiting to turn 21!
 
A few days before the big 2-1!
 
Embarrassing moment: As we were discussing birthdays and how disgusting it is that we are getting old, I say to my friend during lunch yesterday, "I feel like I just turned 21 yesterday! How is it that was 5 years ago?! I will be in my late 20s now!!" And then we made faces at each other and stopped to think for a second .. and realized .. and thought for another quick second just in case - I don't remember what I did for my 21st birthday. Sad. Or maybe a success? I could not say because the memory has been lost in the rolodex of college memories in the back of my brain.
 
This is also the first year that I have NOTHING planned for the big day. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge advocate for celebrating birthdays especially my own. A party or open bar is always planned but this year I just ... it really has snuck up on me and I haven't planned a thing! Celebration suggestions are welcomed! :)
 
Hopefully something worth sharing comes about so I can tell you all about it!
How did you feel about entering your 'late' 20s?!



 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh! Embrace it...you'll love it! I was seriously terrified to turn 30...so I threw a B.I.G. party for myself as a distraction. Turns out, my 30s have been awesome! Age is only a number.....enjoy...and HAVE FUN! Can't wait to hear what you decide to do to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete