Monday, September 22, 2014

Festival of the Sea

 As I mentioned before, a common theme of my fall posts will be based on tradition. And even though this isn't the only time of year where we fall habit to the same routine of celebrations and events, we do it all year long, but for some reason, this time of year seems to deem the most which will be documented.  
So this weekend, we headed down to the Jersey shore for one of the many Seafood Festivals. This has become a family tradition, although some of our family that is supposed to come up and hang out ...didn't. Oh well! My aunt and uncle live down there and my cousin actually lives right down the street from the Point Pleasant festival. This makes it extremely convenient with parking as well as having no excuse to miss it! We love coming down for this event for a few reasons.
 
1. It's after summer so it has started to slow down with weekenders coming down and causing a backup on the highways.
2. It's after summer and it gives us an reason to hit up the shore even after Labor Day weekend to get one more last feel of the ocean breeze before we really have to face reality.
3. Seafood!! Oh goodness if I could eat every last thing they have there I would! Oh how I would. Unfortunately, my pants would disagree with me.
Most favorite snack ever! I only treat myself to it on this special day!
 
 
As you can see I was stuffing my face most of the time and didn't focus on taking many pictures - except when we were leaving I snapped those two above as I remembered I had zero. I really wish I would have taken some because there is so much to see there. In addition to all the amazing food, they have live music and a whole bunch of craft vendors and little shops set up along the street. I love craft vendors! They always have the best handmade stuff. Everything is so unique and special, it just makes the products that much more desirable - well to me at least!
 
Overall, we had the best time! The weather was great and the food - okay I'll stop. And, just to give you a little tradition perspective .....
 
 
The boy - 2012
(notice the kettle corn)
 
Us - 2013
 
 
 
The boy - 2014 
 
 
Ahhhhh memories!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment