Thursday, June 26, 2014

What's In My Beach Bag??

Since I had my first big trip to the beach the other day, I figured I could share what I bring with me! I love going to the beach but I HATE carrying a heavy bag while treking through the sand to the water. My list below is a quick grab and go of some of my favorites in my beach bag.

 
 
 
 

TimeWise Day Solution Sunscreen :: This stuff is a life saver. It is a normal part of my daily face cleansing routine, morning and night, but I also throw it in my bag when I am out by the pool or at the beach. It is so ligh feeling on my face, it contains SPF 35 and it is something I am putting on my face daily so I trust it to work and to not glog my skin like some other sunscreens do.
 
 
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick :: I have raved about this stuff once before here and I will continue to say how amazing it it. It continues to keep my lips moisturized with extra vitamin E throughout the day while the sun is beating down on them. Plus side is they have an SPF version which gives my lips the extra protection it needs. Have you ever had sunburnt lips? Happens to my dad all the time and it is no buenos.
 
Floppy Hat :: I am all about getting as much color as needed but some days the sun is super hot. I love having my floppy hat to block the sun from my eyes and face. Whether I am reading, walking the boardwalk or just had enough for the day this hat is perfect and really comfortable.
 
Suntan :: I was very intimidated when I first tried this product. My cousin had it at her house and when I put some on my hand it was straight orange gel! I absolutely no way wanted to be orange, hence why I avoid spray tans so I was really hesitant. WELL let me tell you this stuff is great! It is an orange gel, but once you rub it into your skin it just looks like a hint of oil is on your skin. The tan you get from this stuff is remarkable. Greatness!
 
Sunglasses :: I have had these babies for a few years now and they are my go-to for the beach. Always have to protect your eyes from the sun and from squinting. I know for a fact that without sunglasses you will 100% get more wrinkles around your eyes. Who the heck wants that?! Not me! Sunglass for the win!
 
 Book :: I love love love reading on the beach! Especially, when we have been there for awhile and the afternoon breeze starts to roll in. Ahh! Perfect time to relax with a good book. I am currently reading Book 2 of Game of Thrones and there is no stopping me now. Perfect time to bang out this one and the next 2 so I can catch up!
 
Ziplock Bags :: LIFE.SAVER. Phone, money, cards, keys all get thrown into a sandwich bag before we step on that sand. This has been great when the waves come too close to where we are sitting, when suntan oil leaks in the bag, or from any sand getting stuck anyplace it shouldn't be. I usually put my phone in a separate one and I can still use the touch screen through the bag if I need to. No sun block or lotion on the phone, no sand stuck to it for days. Try it!
 
Snacks :: For some reason when I am on the beach or by the pool I never really get that hungry. I don't know if its the water, the sun or just relaxing but I just never want to eat. We love brining snacks though! Nuts and fruit are my go-to and what makes me think of summer most. They are east to pack up and fill me up without over eating. Who wants a sandwich gut in a bikini?!
 
 
Anything else you would throw in there?!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This about sums up what's in my bag too! And now I want to go to the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete