Thursday, June 19, 2014

Goodbye Virginia, Hello World

This past weekend I got to spend a few days with my little monsters because we don't know how long we will have to wait to see them again. We decided to head down to Virginia Beach for the last time, sadly, because my boyfriend's brother, sister-in-law and four nephews will be headed to Arkansas on Saturday - to live - forever - 18 hours away from us! Unfortunately, last minute my boy was unable to miss work on Monday, so I headed down I-95 solo.

The problem you ask? Well I love driving anywhere. It's relaxing, I can listen to entirely too much music, sing my heart out and think about anything life has brought me at the moment. But, I tend to get a little bored sometimes - which led me to a glorious $90 ticket. Cool. After I had my meltdown due to the rude ass police officer, I was even more anxious to just be there and relaxing.

Most of the weekend I helped them pack and keep the kiddies busy while momma packed. It is always fun to see them and it's amazing how much they change in the few short months I last saw them. They all have completely different personalities and I just love each one of them so much.

We started our weekend with an impromptu photo sesh!
 
These boys LOVE taking pictures! We could have played with the cell phone camera all days and they would have been on cloud nine! It doesn't hurt that they have the cutest faces and their giggles while taking pictures just melts my heart.
 
Sunday we needed a break and headed over to the playground for the afternoon. As expected they had a blast. I don't have my own kiddos but living through these boys really brings out the kid in me. I know this is something I want to eventually do full-time.
 
 
The best part of the playground trip, one of the boys trying to be a show off and getting stuck on top of the jungle gym. HYSTERICAL. Hey even momma was laughing so I felt the need to be the mean "auntie" and document this moment for futures girlfriends to indulge in. We were all getting ready to leave and head over to the car when he wasn't going anywhere. I walked over to tell him "Lets.Go." but little did I know he was crying because he counldn't get down. Perfect.Picture.Moment. Don't judge me.
 
Stuck
  
 
And it wouldn't be a packing weekend without finding some old school gems. We ended up finding some old photo albums and they were great! For all my Ellen Show lovers you may be familiar with a little segment she does called "Hot Glam, Girl!" Basically, this is a segment where fans will send in terrible glamorous professional photo shoots to Ellen for her to basically laugh at and show how ridiculous people in the 80s and 90s were with pictures. WELL I will be sending my first photo to Ellen this weekend for "Hot Glam, Girl!" You are lucky enough to get a frist look at the lovely Laura back in her high day before children. Bahh! I die. Look out for this fancy pants on Ellen! 
 
 
 
 
So now that they are moving in two days, I will probably have no reason to ever visit Virginia Beach...ever. Unless I have someone new to visit :)
 
So long Virginia it was nice getting to visit you for the last few years, but I will not miss your drive.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment