Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

http://www.mommylicious.ca/sites/default/files/content/images/mary-kay-logo-original.gif


When I graduated college I had no follow up job to run to. I was working as a waitress during my summers and school breaks and that's where I ended up, back at the restaurant - waitressing. My cousin felt this was a perfect opportunity to sign me up as a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I couldn't agree more! I was honestly sick of working at the restaurant for just tips and my student loans were about to kick start repayment in about a month. 

God seriously works in mysterious ways. 

I started selling Mary Kay back in 2010 and I am still selling to this day. I started by purchasing my starter kit, which by the way is the most amazing investment I could have bought myself. At the time I thought $75 was ridiculous but when I saw all that I was getting for just a measly $75 - so worth it.  I hosted my first party, invited a bunch of girlfriends, my mother's friends, aunts, cousins, neighbors and anyone else I could get my hands on to come and see my little debut. Not expecting much of anything it turned out to be such a fun night! I made snacks and sangria and of course displayed all the items in my new kit! We all played around with the colors and skin care and I practically didn't have to do a dang thang! That stuff seriously sells itself. It is the funnest job I have ever had. After that first night I swore I wouldn't pressure myself to be a top seller, host a certain amount of parties a month and all the other things your supposed to do to be successful. I just wanted to have fun with it and thats what I do.
 


http://www.fabulouslybroke.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mary-kay-best-sellers.jpg

I just graduated college and my type-a personality/organized/control freak self told me I had to put that baby to use and go into the corporate world in NYC and get a 9-5 job. Not saying I don't love that but this was just a hobby that I didn't think I was ready to do full-time. Which is TOTALLY fine!! 

It is fun and as I said I still sell to this day - especially to myself! 

This is something that I don't openly talk about. Why? I don't know. I am not the type of girl to force things on people or pressure them into doing something they feel like they have to do. Just not me. But I figured having a blog and talking about my life is a part of me and this was a big pick me up that I never thought I was looking for. Maybe you need a pick me up too? I am not a crazy seller lady, even though that looks like so much fun to just quit my job and run around with makeup all day. But I do sell it regularly and I want to share the opportunity with all of the fabulous ladies I know and love. 

So without further adieu I will provide a link to my website for anyone....anyone at all that would like to check out our amazing products, purchase anything or would like to join this empowering company. Please feel free to contact me about anything and everything you would like to know about.. anything!





No comments:

Post a Comment