Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Look Up

As you may or may not have noticed, this spec of blogland has been quite neglected lately. Work has picked up as I have spoken about the last few weeks, wedding shenanigans have been occuring and fitting time in for the gym, family, boyfriend, friends has taken a priority over all things blog. And to be completely honest I was a mess about it at first. I even said to the boo, "ugh I haven't blogged in so long! I have so many things I want to post about and so many events I want to document on the blog but I just haven't!" For the last few weeks, saying I have had a lot going on is an understatement and in the few moments I have time for me, I have been spending it with my dad and boyfriend watching the NY Rangers in the Playoffs. Or I've been hanging out with my cousins ordering pizza and wings acting like we were kids again, picking on each other, laughing and busting each others chops. To me that is where my time has been most valuable.

 
Like I said I was upset about it at first. I told myself time and time again I would try my hardest to be consistent with my blog and I just haven't been. Now I am comforted that it's okay not to post 10 times a week. That as much as I would like to have a ba-zillion followers and be able to provide so good stuff to read for those followers, my blog is for me first. So if I don't post it's okay! If I am exhausted from a week of crazy followed by a weekend of crazier it's okay to skip the blog and head to bed at 7:30pm (don't judge).
And then yesterday, I saw this.



 
 
And I realized that all my frustration with blogging truly didn't matter. We don't realize how much time we spend on social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. until you actually see something like this and sit back and actually think about it. I'm glad I have been spending my time on the couch with dad and celebrating monumental moments in my friends lives rather than focusing on my social media. I'd hate to say I'M BACK because I know I have another bunch of crazy weeks ahead but I will post when I post. And I'm glad that I can now say I'm cool with that. I can only imagine how mothers of 4 manage school, soccer, dance, and all their motherly duties plus blogging and I guess I will learn how to adapt when the time comes, but for now my blog will progress..well whenever it progresses.


Anyone else feel like they are pressured to post when they just don't have the time?
Or are you spending your time someplace more valuable to you?



1 comment:

  1. Great post! This makes perfect sense to me! Your blog will still be here when life slows down a bit...and when that does happen, you'll have a chance to blog about all those exciting events so you can remember them wayyyyyy down the road. Afterall, this whole blogging thing is about documenting special moments to remember, right???

    ReplyDelete