Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday: Vacation Time

http://www.hellohappinessblog.com/
 

So I am going to play this a little differently this week because....

Next week I am headed to Savannah, GA!!!! It is one of the places I have been DYING to visit and I am going to spend a few days there with one of my roomies from college!

one :: I can't wait to spend a few days with one of my favorite girls! It's strange to think we spent every day together for 2 years when we lived at school and now we see each other maybe once a month! It's terrible that life has gotten in the way of our visits, but we still talk all the time and this trip I'm am positive we will pick up right where we left off.
 
two :: River Street. I heard that there are a bunch of restaurants and bars on River St. Plus it's beautiful scenary. We are such foodies I can't wait to have some good ol' southern cooking.
 
http://madeinaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/dsc_19141.jpg
 
three :: In addition to the food, I also heard you can walk around the streets and drink! P.A.R.T.Y. I know its a quaint little town full of history, but what's a good history lesson without a few drinks in ya?!
 
http://www.rooftoprestaurants.com/Images/US-Georgia-Savannah-Bar-View.jpg
 
four :: I plan on visiting all of the little shops and touristy places while I am there. The plantations, the boutiques, the parks, the cemetary tours, bike rides...I plan to do it all!!! I can't wait to see all of the historical homes throughout the city and the huge drapping trees. Gahh! It's going to be beautiful!

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/rincon-mora/arte/usa/ga_sava.jpg

five :: Hopefully, we can make a day trip up to Charleston! I hear that is another beautiful town and I would love to get a chance to see it while I was down there. I'm praying for good weather so we can fit everything in as planned!!
 
 
 
Pray for nice weather in south!!
 
If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for places or things to see in Savannah I'd LOVE your advice!! =)


 

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo fun! Safe travels...and I can't wait to see pics when you return!

    ReplyDelete