Thursday, May 8, 2014

Love It or Hate It: Chapter 3

I L.O.V.E chapstick! I will choose chapstick over lipstick or lip gloss any day of the week. Why you ask? That's very strange for a girl in the business world who always needs to look her best. Well, I will tell you why. I like the way it feels! I personally think I look strange when I have lots of color on my lips, I am always self-conscious of whether it is all over my face or my teeth and sometimes lipsticks and glosses smell weird. Not my thing. Plus, I never feel like a lipstick or a gloss truly gives my lips that nourishing unchapped feeling. Let's be honest this winter has been pretty brutal and walking in the city on a windy wintery day does some sever damage. Chapstick just gets the job done.
 
For years and years I have been using the same chapstick. YEARS. But just recently that has changed and it has become a big deal around these parts. Silly people! Unfortunately, I am not going to brag about it during this post, that will be my next chapter, but I am here to give my first "Hate It" review.
 
I hate to "Hate It" (haha) because I don't really hate this product I just wasn't as impressed as the rest of the world bragged which was a little bit of a let down. I'm talking about the eos evolution of smooth sweet mint scent. NO BUENOS.
Sweet Mint Lip Balm from Evolution of Smooth
 
In the beginning it was great! It was cute and felt smooth putting it on, but at the end of the day I want my chapstick to moistorize my lips - get rid of the dry cracked feeling and this just didn't do that for me. I found myself putting it on more often than I usually do and when I am in meetings for hours, I don't have the opportunity to bring anything by my computer, a water and my ID up 5 floors. I just wasn't happy with it. A little extra complaint for ya, the smell. At first it smelt like sweet mint gum and I thought "This is a great alternative! I smell fresh without having to chomp on gum!" Uhm no. After a few weeks it started to smell skunky. Even with a boyfriend that shit ain't cute! Now I don't know if anyone else had this issue, maybe I purchased a bad batch but it was strange! I didn't want to use it even though it was the only one I had in my bag, because the smell was so icky!

Like I said if anyone has never had this issue I'd love to hear about it, or if you have had the same thoughts on eos. I know there are other flavors but I think I might pass and stick with what I know and what make my lips happy!




 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! This made my laugh! I do love eos lip balm, but I, too, hate the mint flavor/scent. My favorite is the Summer Fruit flavor/scent. I think I like this bc it's easy to find in my purse and/or it sits perfectly on my nightstand...I'm ridiculous like that though.

    ReplyDelete