Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Love It or Hate It: Chapter 2

When I used to have my long hair, it was sort of a pain to constantly straighten it. When I straighten my hair I am an obsessive perfectionist. So perfectly straight long hair, in the summer was a no go. It was time consuming and stressful! I had thought of getting a curling iron for the longest time, but if you have been here for awhile you will know that I'm not one for spending hours getting ready, especially for work or running errands. I decided to take the plunge and buy a cheap but decent curling iron from Harmon. It took me a while to get the hang of the dang thing, but most days the curls were just bleh and would never hold long. By the end of the day my hair was straight and you would never guess for a second I had spent time curling it that morning. There is nothing I hate more than waking up early to get dolled up...except when it doesn't even look like I put any effort in. Hate that more! I would have good days, bad days and then days I said screw this! I used to be able to curl my hair with a straightener and have NO problem! But a dang curling iron won't hold. WASTE!
 
 
Then I kept hearing about the curling wand! I refused to give in because of my failed curling iron experience. Long story short..I gave in! But thank goodness I did! I heard about the NuMe Curling Products a few times and I heard nothing but great things. They are a little pricey and that totally turned me off. Don't let it!! They are always having crazy sales and there are so many coupons out there on the internet. Plus after I bought mine I saw a few bloggers with special discount codes on their blogs for RIDICULOUS discounts. Like almost 75% off!!
 
It took me a few tries to master the curling wand, a lot of burns and a few f-bombs but I love it!! First of all, it takes about 39.87 seconds to heat up - perfect time saver! Once you get the hang of how you want it styled and how big or small you want the curls you just jump right into it. Holding the hair around the wand takes about another 22.28 seconds and release. The curl looks amazing and once my whole head is done I shake it out and that's it! 
 
I used to have to hair spray every piece before I curled it with the curling iron and then spray my whole head after and then put my fingers through it and spray it again. I use about a half a spritz of hairspray using the curling wand and nothing more. It takes me about 15 minutes to do my whole head before work and that's the same amount of time it took me with straightening. Easy peasy! And the best part is that my curls stay for days! Some days I need to do a quick touch up around my face but it lasts. Makes my mornings so much easier, plus when your hair is curly, messy makes it better and I don't have to be a perfectionist anymore!
I bought the NuMe Magic Wand and like I said, I love it. I didn't have to spend $169 so keep your eyes out for sales and coupons! It is totally worth it! I wish I could have gotten the Lustrum or the Tri-fect because of the variety of different sizes but I am more than happy with my wand.
If you are contemplating getting a wand or an iron, go with the wand! It is worth the learning time and the curls are timeless!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You sound EXACTLY like me and my hair. I have wavy hair. But it's retarded wavy. So it stops and starts when it wants. lol I'm going to be looking into what you recommended. When I curl my hair it's dead after a few hours. I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to straightening - so it never truly works out.

    ReplyDelete