Monday, April 14, 2014

Liebster Award!



Last week, I'm a little behind..just go with it the sweetest blogger Leslie at Marin Manifesto had send me an email that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award! Too sweet she is! Now, for those of you that don't know what this is don't you fret! I hadn't a clue either. It's pretty simple you see ... it's an award that is given to newer bloggers that you absolutely love and want everyone else to love too! Sweet right?

Rules are easy, and I love me some easy!

  1. Acknowledge your nominating blogger. I know I bragged about Leslie! She is amazing, her blog is amazing and she is the sweetest little Texan ever! Stalk her out!!
  2. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has listed for you.
  3. List 11 random facts about yourself. 
  4. Nominate up to 11 small blogs {fewer than 200 followers} that you follow and believe in promoting.
  5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you've nominated. 
Let's get it! These are my answers to Leslie's questions for me!

  1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I wanted to keep a journal of the days, the months the years. I wanted to have some place where I could look back and see where I had been, the adventures I took and even thr struggles that knocked me down and I overcame!

2. What is the most rewarding aspect of blogging? the most challenging?
The most rewarding aspect of blogging is meeting such wonderful ladies. (Corney I know) But it's true. Living and working in New York is rough and people around here aren't always the nicest people but meeting blog friends has really showed me that outside of this crazy city there are so many wonderful, non-judgemental people in the world and I am so lucky to have met them through blogging. The most challenging, would be that I get down on myself when I don't post consistantly. Some days just get the best of me and I am always super busy, so when I realize it's been days since I have posted anything I think to myself stop making excuses and just post!

3. Of all the blog posts you've written, which is your ultimate favorite and why?
My favorite blog posts would have to be my recipies! I LOVE to cook and I cook all the time! I love getting to share things I am making with everyone, and I love when I receive feedback from anyone who has pointers or tricks to that recipe. I really need to start posting more of them again!

4. What is your "must have" beauty/hair product?
Must have beauty product is facewash! I know, not your typical response but I hate when my face feels dirty or greasy! Wouldn't be able to live without facewash! My favorite, Mary Kay Time-Wise Cleanser. Found here.

5. What is the best gift you've ever been given?
The best gift I have ever been given was my college graduation present from the rents. When I was in high school getting my permit my dad promised me that if I accepted a "decent" car in high school which cost them nothing but insurance that when I graduated college I could have any car I wanted. He kept his promise!

6. What is the highest priority on your bucket list?
Yesh this is a tough one! I sort of combined my bucket list and my 30 before 30 to make it a little more challenging to complete I'm behind schedule but I guess at the moment my the most important thing to be is being the healthiest I've been in my life. But to make it more fun, traveling to all 50 states is a close number one.

7. Who is your style icon?
I don't really have a true style icon, but if I had to choose one person it would be Jessica Alba. Is she even a style icon in fashion?? I just know she always looks great and she can pull off any style out there. I wish I could pull off every style like that girl. Plus after two kids...mama looks fabulous!

8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Online shopping! I know it is terrible, but if I didn't have a full time job and a bunch of other things going on in the rest of my spare time I could spend my entire day online shopping. It's pretty bad. At my old job we had a lot of down time, and let's just say my bank account was pretty down alright!

9. What is the best advice you ever received?
"This too shall pass" I like to think of myself as a very "go with the flow" type of person, most of the time but with some things I stress and I stress HARD. Everyone has their struggles and one thing my mom always tells me when times get touch and I am stressing myself to death, This too shall pass. And it always does.

10. If all jobs paid the same and you had the education/skills to do ANYTHING you wanted, What would you do for a living?
I would love to own a restaurant. Ever since I could remember I always wanted to have a place where people could come and enjoy good food and have a great time! I may the the Italian in me but I love Sunday dinners and I love to entertain. I know it's a lot of work but I have always wanted one! One day!

11. Which U.S. city is your favorite to visit? 
Nashville!!! Gaahh!!! It was at the top of my list of places to visit and last year, 4th of July weekend, the boy surprised me with a trip to Nashville for the weekend. It had to have been one of the best weekends in my life, and if I hadn't started a new job 2 weeks before we went, I am 100% sure I would have looked for jobs there and moved my life out of NY and into Nashville!!

11 Random Facts about this crazy lady!

1. I have a magic power. When I am going out to party for a special occasion I will never get as drunk as I expect myself to. But grabbing a quick drink for happy hour almost always turns into a late drunk night in the city, unexpected of course. Never fails...like magic!
2. I have lived in the same house my entire 25.5 years of existence. 
3. I am such a travel nerd. When it comes to planning a trip someplace I love looking up every possible place to visit, secret restaurant whatever it is, I'm on it!
4. I secretly want about 10 tattoos..for now
5. I refuse to get any tattoos until after my wedding. 
6. I LOVE hearing people's stories. I could sit and listen to someone talk about their life and where they have been for days and days. 
7. I would love to be a teacher, but I hate public speaking, and children are the biggest critics. 
8. I only like chocolate with strawberries or covering almonds. 
9. I used to be able to rap every single Lil Wayne song in college. Skills. 
10. I never fell into the belly button piercing faze. 
11. I have see Wicked on Broadway 3 times, going on 4! 

Next up...my questions for my lovely nominees! 

1. How would you describe your blog using 5 words or less? 
2. What is your favorite blogging topic?
3. If you could live anywhere is the world, where would it be?
4. Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 
5. What is your favorite thing to cook? 
6. If you could date one celebrity who would it be? 
7. If you could be any animal which would you be and why?
8. What is your favorite blog you can't go without reading?
9. If you one a million dollars what is the first thing you would buy?
10. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? 
11. What is one item in your closet that you can't live without? 

And finally....my nominees for this fabulous award!

Jessica @ 5 Hearts One Family
Krista @ Classy, Sassy, Mrs. 
Jenn @ Live in the Sunshine
Jessica @ Twin Giraffe Antique
Kayla @ Mississippi Mrs.

Go check out the fabulous blog ladies!! And THANK YOU THANK YOU to Leslie for nominating BSRB for the Liebster Award!! 


 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Love this! And thank you, thank you, thank you for the sweet compliments!
    1. Nashville is at the top of our "MUST GO TO" list....and Napa. We're going to try to hit them both up for long weekends this year!
    2. A restaurant?!!? Girl...you're crazy! But I know it would be an INCREDIBLE restaurant!
    3. Are you planning to get all 10 tattoos at once???
    Ok, I'll stop with my list (ahhhh Type-A crazy Leslie taking over!) for now! Loved reading your responses and facts...made me laugh! So glad we "met" in blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks for the nomination! These things are a fun to get to know new blogs. I help out in my son's kindergarten class every week for just a few hours. I'm not sure I could be a teacher. At least not to that age group! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wrote my post!

    http://5heartsonefamily.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-number-11-liebster-award-post.html

    ReplyDelete