Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Small Business Saturday - Shop Small

 
In preparation for the crazy week ahead, I decided to take a different turn on a shopping/fashion post!
Surprisingly, A LOT of people don't know what Small Business Saturday is.
So I decided, I am here to help explain :)
 
SMS was started a few years back by American Express. It is always the Saturday after Black Friday and it is a way for consumers to support small business owners. Too many times we get so wrapped up in the big retailer sales, lining up at 3:30am and now getting in even earlier and hustling on Thanksgiving night (HATE THIS) that we forget how important it is to shop smaller, help our economy in a different way, support the other guys and take a step back from the hustle and bustle of the malls.
 
 
If you have an American Express Card you can register your card here
and earn a $10 statement credit when you make a purchase of $10 or more at a qualifying small business location on Nov 30. Once you register you can search near your location for participating small business locations.
 
 
Even if you don't have a card, you can still look-up locations andshops around your area and participant in such an amazing program! If you are a small business owner, you are more than welcome to register your business and be added to list!
 
 
As a small business owner myself, and a HUGE supporter of small, hometown/mom and pop shops I think this is such a great way to support smaller businesses and show our appreciation for homemade, crafted, hard working businesses. Like I said, all too often we are so wrapped up in the big retailer sales and mumbo-jumbo, but it is also fun to find some other great things while doing something great at the same time.
 
 
Please understand, I am not biased towards Black Friday shopping, but I think more people need to go out on Saturday and well...shop small!!
 
 
This post is not sponsored and is soley based on my opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the idea of this. I hate the whole lining up in front of businesses thing. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete