Monday, November 11, 2013

A Week and A Half Later....

To say the last week was busy is an understatement! Thankfully, this past weekend was a breath of fresh, quiet air and relaxation along with a whole bunch of nothing is exactly what I did!
I debated recapping some events, but I knew I couldn't pass up sharing our pretty awesome Halloween Costumes! So we were trying to keep it cheap, fun and epic this year, so we decided on
Wayne's World! Excellent!
 
  
On Halloween, we decided to head into the city to watch/try to get into the parade. I have mentioned the boy is obsessed with Halloween right? I thought so, hence why we had to make several attempts to get ourselves into the parade. Unfortunately, fortunately that didn't happen. We did in fact have a pretty great time with some pretty great friends!
 
  
These rock star buddies of ours surprised us with these out of control costumes and we were hysterical laughing most of the night just looking at how ridiculous we all looked! Don't you just love nights of continuous laughter...for no apparent reason...just a good time!
 


Such a spoiled Rock Star...couldn't even figure out the subway system!


 


Those pants though!! I DIE!!!

Some creepster in the street

 
Due to our failed attempt to get into the parade..we ended up at a random bar (of course) because drinks are always a necessity. For a random dive bar, we had one of the best times! Always works out that way don't ya think? Spontaneity is my favorite!
As if the laughter didn't kill us now, we ran into our twins! Haha! Out of all the places to stop, we stopped at this random bar and ran into another Wayne & Garth!
(Ignore my drunk, blinded, squinty eyes)

 
They looked pretty amazing and it was so much fun to hang out with these ladies for a little while! We were reciting lines to the movie and just doing weird things - hey it's Halloween! I do have to admit though, we ended up on the dance floor and it is EXTREMELY awkward dancing in guys clothing. Just didn't feel right at all! Just another good laugh for the books!
 
Being a dork and acting like a rock star groupie!

And we had all had enough of the wings for the night!

 
That Saturday, November 2, the fam, the boy and I all headed down to Delaware to visit more familia and to get a firsthand look at Punkin' Chunkin'. I am a city girl, I LOVE everything about the country however I have never heard of such a thing. YouTube it people...please. It is this crazed all weekend event where people come from all over…for years… and it’s on TV.

 
 
 
The drive down was pretty amazing. The trees were all sorts of colors and changing ever so quickly, we were lucky to have a little time to just drive past and take it all in before the winter takes over.






 

 
 
 
I told you, this is no joke. Apparently people come from all over the country to set up their cannons and catapults to chuck their pumpkins as far as they can. It was an interesting event to attend, but I think that I would much rather watch it on TV, with a beer :)
After all the excitement....we headed back to my cousins house to have our own event! We drank delicious beer, played lots of corn hole and got to spend time with my Delaware cousins that we don't get to see that often. This was the best part of the day, because my aunt, who rarely never drinks, decided to get a little wastey face and place corn hole with us.

For a first timer she was pretty dang good, and VERY excited! Hahaa!


Delaware is INFESTED with these furry little guys.

Cute little Zippy dyed green for Halloween!


 
Aside from all that excitement, last week at work was busy busy and coming home late and running errand, Dr. appointments etc kept me even more busy. This past weekend I did JACK! Not complaining at all and I love every second! Finally, we had a weekend of nothing and I could not have spent it any other way than on the couch cuddled up with my puppy boo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment