Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Fun

I have to say this past weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a while. It was completely unplanned, spontaneous and everything you want right smack in the middle of two crazy work weeks. My weekend started a little early with a farewell lunch at work as one of our team members has moved on to another roll outside the company. One of the great things I love about where I work, is they aren't bitter or rude when someone decides to move on with their career. They are so supportive it is truly amazing! After that the afternoon was a blur and I headed up to Soho for some Restaurant Week action! If you don't know what restaurant week is you can browse here and read allll about it. They have it in a bunch of other cities around the country. Basically, you get to dine out at places you wouldn't normally eat at for a set price (lunch and dinner) and enjoy an appetizer, entree and dessert. It's pretty great and we always make a point to take advantage of the deal. Plus it just gives us ANOTHER excuse to eat and drink with friends!
We headed to Mercer Kitchen in Soho and it was delish! Our apps were actually bigger than our entree, but I didn't mind since I was already full! Hence the name, we sat in the restaurant as normal but the kitchen was wide open for us to watch if we wanted to. It was just a different atmosphere to enjoy, and that we did - duh!

Saturday morning we decided to wake up early and head down to the beach for the day. My parents had headed down the night before and since I had no plans it was the best day to do it. The boy, my cousin, my brother and I loaded up the truck and headed down the highway. Unfortunately we got stuck in some serious traffic, but what better way to pass the time than with the license plate game! We were hysterical laughing the entire ride down - we aren't competitive at all. Sarcasm. My brother ended up half in the front seat at one point to see a plate! It definitely make the traffic time move quickly and to top it off I won. :)
Once we finally made it down parking was a nightmare but the beach was a dream. I love laying in the sun chatting with the fam and just enjoying being outside! I am such a summer babe. It stated to get a little cloudy and I think we were getting antsy from sitting for so long we went off to play some mini golf. Again - I swear we are not competitive. Winna Winna Chicken Dinna!!!! Loser had to buy a round of drinks and coincidentally three of us tied and my brother lost by one stroke. Ha! I am still laughing about it. There is something about the little brother and kicking his but that still makes me grin from ear to ear! Never forget I'm the big sister!
We headed over to another beach town to spend some time with my other cousins and my aunts and uncle. Like I said I was planning on spending the day, which turned into drinking all night and not leaving until 8pm Sunday night. I haven't laughed so hard, cried from all the laughs and just enjoyed spending time with family like I did this weekend. It was like we were all 7 years old again and drinking - our parent were good parents I promise. We had races to the ocean, races on the beach walking path - okay we may be a little competitive - and my cousins and I just had the best time together. I can't wait for this week to fly so we can have another weekend just as fun and just as competitive.

Your all going down on mini golf round 2!!



Anyone else hit the beach this weekend??




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulously fun weekend! Next week is restaurant week here in Dallas (I think!), and I can't wait to try a few new places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach! I almost forgot what one looked like ;) haha. I can't remember the last time I went to the beach!

    ReplyDelete