Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dear Verizon Wireless

Dear Verizon Wireless/Samsung,

As many families were out celebrating the birthday of America, BBQing, drinking, swimming in their pools and baking at the beach, I was strapped to the kitchen counter on the phone with your surprisingly helpful technicians. Yes, that would be plural because my issues were so complex I had to be transferred to a "more experienced" tech guy after being on hold for 56 minutes and told the first gentleman was unable to assist my problems.

Great.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e7/e7712f83bb7e72d6809f8bb781c0bfbdc63534689603ffc16cd9c3f16c4f82e6.jpg

As you are aware, my phone performed some "mandatory" system update that I was "required" to activate. A system update that was so damn important you sneakily did it in the middle of the night when I was unable to deny the request. I understand I have had the same phone for almost 2 years and I am patiently waiting for my upgrade this fall. Trust me I want to purchase a new phone as much as you want me to, but your darling 2 year contract no upgrade nonsense has pushed me to avoid spending an unnecessary six hundred plus on a new phone. That doesn't mean you can send me some ridiculous update that deems my phone not functionable and defective forcing me to purchase a new one. Ahh no.

Tech guy #2 a.k.a. Dan. We sat on the phone for another 30 minutes trying a plethora of options to get my phone functioning properly. Survey says .... useless. After much configuration from kind said Dan, we come to the conclusion my phone needs a system data removal or in laments terms DELETE EVERYTHING AND START FROM SCRATCH.
 
http://www.troll.me/images/y-u-no/cell-phone-why-you-no-work.jpg

Really? Really?! Mr. Verizon, as I am already irritated I am spending my beautiful holiday weekend indoors when I would love to be floating in the pool with a mahi tahi in tow, NOW you tell me I have to delete all 3000 pictures and videos from the last two years of my life, plus all my apps and additional data that I have saved. All because of a "mandatory" system update I had to have.

Wonderful.
 
Thank goodness for Dan though, he offered to call me back in an hour once all my information was properly transferred from the phone to the computer. Why go through all that trouble you say? Why not just back it up into the Cloud that is so conveniently located on my phone. Remember, that said phone no longer works and I can no longer conveniently access my Cloud. To the computer transfer we go. See you in an hour Dan.
 
To make a longer story ....longer, I was finally able to transfer all my photos, videos and contacts and completely delete my phone and reboot. Happy Birthday America!
 
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/NugluEA5mSA/hqdefault.jpg
 
 
From,
A loyal, yet irritated customer
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is the WORST! I have had that happen a couple of times with Verizon to my phone and it always happens at the most inconvenient times. Last time was when I was in a wedding and I made my husband take care of it because I needed the camera to be able to document the important parts of the wedding... it was a nightmare. Silly verizon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh! What a disaster! I'm so glad you were able to save everything though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! That's so stressful!!!! Glad it's all fixed though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, you were on hold for 56 minutes...?! What in the what?! So crazy, what a disaster

    ReplyDelete