Friday, March 21, 2014

Five on Friday!

http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/
 
It has been quite some time since I have participated in the Five on Friday Linkup with some lovely ladies but today I am back at it! I feel like the last few weeks have been so hectic with work and trying to stay good with the gym and personal events occurring it has been crazy! 

one :: I would love to congratulate one of my closest friends as she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! She is an amazing mommy already to her little boy and now her cute family is complete with each. Her daughter is just beautiful and I can't wait to finally visit her!! It is still crazy that my high school friends are getting married and having babies! When did we all grow up?! 

two :: This week I have been exceptionally exhausted! I had a bachelorette party last weekend I think my body has yet to catch up on sleep. Thankfully this weekend will only be filled with little errands and nothing big is going on. Sleep Sleep Sleep!

three :: Speaking of bachelorette parties and dresses, I have 3 weddings this year. I hate buying dresses knowing I am only going to wear them once. It just seems like such a waste of money to me so I am trying to find something elegant yet simple that I can add different shoes and accessories and change it up. PLUS there are bridal showers, bach parties, baby showers and births! My bank account will hate me and not blossom as much as I would like it to. All I can say is I am so excited to be celebrating so many happy moments for all my closest friends and family! 
 
 

four :: I am soooo excited tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 60s!!!! Our prayers have been answered and it looks like Spring is really putting it's foot down! I can not wait to get outside tomorrow and possibly run in the park? I am so over running on the treadmill and I am in dire need to switch it up! Yay for warmer temperatures!

five ::  A few weeks ago, my job had an event forecasting 2014 and it was held in the new World Trade building! As you can see the floors are unfinished, but I learned that this is how they real estate them and whoever leases the floor will need to put in all the pretty stuff. It was very interesting at first to think we were allowed inside while it was still unfinished, but apparently it is! It was so exciting to be one of the first people in these new buildings. As I have posted before here I love being a part of the developments being completed here at ground zero. And to top it off, we were on the 58th floor and the views were just breathtaking.

 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Rent the Runway for dresses? I've only done it once, but it was a big success! You might look into that option for the upcoming weddings and festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of weddings... I am in one this summer, and I am wearing the bridesmaid dress I wore in a wedding last year! Best ever. Saved me like $100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from a bachelorette party as well and I'm still so exhausted even though I'm knocked up and didn't drink! And I totally feel your pain about all the weddings and how expensive they can be. I mean honestly, even if the events are with different people you can't repeat a dress because you've already been photographed in it!! Often I will borrow a dress from a friend though, and that helps to keep costs down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weddings and all that jazz can definitely get expensive. Last year we had 3 besides our own so it was definitely a pricey year. And of course we have another 3 this year... and I think 2 already for next year. As happy as I am for all of our friends it is definitely putting a dent in our bank accounts going to so many affairs. And NOW we are at the stage where our friends who already got married are having kids... so that means baby showers, first birthday parties, etc. I swear it is neverending!

    On a completely unrelated note, I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger and now it is time for me to pass the love on. This award is given by fellow bloggers to a blogger whose blog they love to read and want to share with others and I picked you! I can't remember how I originally found your blog, but I have loved reading it! So check out my post here about the award: http://alwaysajerseygirlatheart.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful sunset in your last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2.... HA! Doesn't getting old kind of suck?? I mean, how did we do it before?!
    I've heard of a rent-a-dress website (don't remember the name, sorry! Google?) that girls have LOVED! It could be worth checking in to!

    ReplyDelete